- This hat. Buy it.
- These shoes. Super cute but the reviews aren’t so great. Worth a $40 gamble?
- I’m a Frank Lloyd Wright groupie, so you know I downloaded this desktop wallpaper.
- Tiny houses that are actually livable. Living in a garden shed is absurd.
- Need some inspiration? Watch these TED Talks.
- Better late than never, Beyonce.
- Enjoy your retirement, Maria!
- I’ve jumped on the bandwagon and want a pair of Aquazzura Christy laced flats. Then I decided I’d settle for the Stuart Weitzman Gilligan. And then I came to my senses and realized the $70 Aldo Colyn would do the trick.
- After I eloped, one of the first thing my mom asked me (after the yelling and before the tears) was if I kept my maiden name.
- Cynthia Rowley for Staples makes me seriously consider stopping at Staples.
- The best campaign shirt ever.
- I keep meaning to make hokey pokey.
- You know I’m totally going to read the upcoming Scientology tell-all.
- These Arnold Palmer popsicles are right up my alley.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I avoided reading Judy Blume’s In the Unlikely Event as long as I could (read: one month) because I’m a nervous flier and didn’t think I needed to subject myself to more aeronautic anxiety. I’m still going to have to put those crashes out of my head the next time I fly, but I knew the risk involved to get my Judy Blume fix. Besides the abundance of characters and the convenient resolution of some minor plot lines, it’s a pretty great read. Be warned that it’s very dark and it’s a bit of a long read, but there’s something about the sadness of the characters that keeps you reading just to make sure they end up alright.
What have you been reading? Any summer reading recommendations?