I’m going to be away for the next few weeks so I tried my hardest to make this edition of Worthy of the Week extra juicy. Enjoy!
Worthy of the Week
- Thoughts on Jennifer Lawrence playing Rosie in The Rosie Project? She isn’t who I pictured at all.
- Have you used micellar water? I just jumped on Amazon and ordered Simple Water.
- I’ve probably shared this before, but it’s a habit I’m desperately trying to break. Here’s why women need to stop saying “just” so much.
- Courtney Love’s Fresh Start. Girl, how many times are you going to start over?
- In case you feel the need to whip up a mermaid tail blanket in your spare time.
- Really fascinating. The mixed up brothers of Bogotá.
- The college kid who paid for his parking ticket in 11,000 pennies is kind of a dick.
- I’m not a fan of Padma Lakshmi (she side-eyed me in an elevator once and I hold grudges) but I have to get behind this: “My intellectual growth is more important to me than the size of my jeans.”
- Women who dye their (armpit) hair. This amuses me.
- Why a lot of big toes aren’t always the biggest. For the record, mine are.
- How to write like an architect. I worked with architects and engineers for several years and I was always jealous of their handwriting skillz.
- To hell with the humblebrag. Just brag!
- I’m not a big fan of naming babies before they’re born (don’t you want to make sure the name fits their screamy little face?), but apparently if you don’t you risk major medical mistakes.
- What is it like to be poor at an Ivy League school?
- Babies on display. How a Coney Island sideshow helped save babies.
- Julia Child’s recipe for shark repellant.
- Deez brownies.
- Super interesting article on the laws of attraction: If they’d (a couple) begun going out within a month of meeting, then they tended to be equally attractive physically. But if they’d been acquaintances for a long time, or if they’d been friends before becoming lovers, then someone hot was more liable to end up with someone not so hot.
- A 10,000 square foot ball pit. Just think of all the germs.
- 22 perfect pictures for perfectionists. Symmetry makes me swoon.
- Colorado’s effort against teen pregnancies is a “startling success.” I don’t find this startling at all. It’s an amazing program with amazing (predictable) results.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I couldn’t resist pre-ordering Haper Lee’s much anticipated Go Set a Watchman and have spent every spare second of the last three days reading. I’m so nostalgic for the experience of reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time, that it could be absolute shit and I’d still be starry eyed.